LCEP: Event Planner
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – please head to our job board for more voluntary sector opportunities in London.
The London Communities Emergencies Partnership (LCEP) is looking for an Event Planner. London Plus co-chairs LCEP alongside the Voluntary and Community Sector Emergencies Partnership (VCSEP).
When there is a major emergency in London, the response needs to be quick, coordinated, and effective. LCEP makes this happen. We are a partnership of voluntary and community sector organisations in London, ensuring support is available for the sector to respond to emergencies, learn from the past and prepare for the future.
Working together saves lives. We build trust between charities and community groups with others in the faith, equalities, funding, and statutory sectors. This means that together, we can navigate and harness the strength and diversity of the voluntary and community sector during an emergency. Tackling an emergency can be daunting, but by supporting organisations to develop their skills, share their insights and access resources, everyone can be better prepared.
This way, we’re all working together for the benefit of Londoners at risk from or impacted by emergencies. To achieve the above, since launching in October 2022 we have delivered several online events, such as a winter preparedness session, a table-top emergency scenario exercise, and quarterly partnership meetings to help partners to share information and resources and build relationships. We are now looking to deliver an in-person event in Spring 2024.
LCEP Event Planner: Project Brief
We are a small team, therefore, to deliver an in-person event we are looking to hire an event planner. The aim of the event is to showcase the variety of voluntary and community sector organisations in the Partnership, to enable partners to network with each other and to host thematic panels, workshops and/or exercises to build the capability of the sector. Local Authorities, the London Resilience Forum, and Borough Resilience Forum’s, as well as first responders would also be invited.
The role will include:
- Lead on the coordination of the event.
- Be the main contact for the event including liaising with stall holders and presenters.
- Sourcing a venue and catering (in London).
- Support the promotion of the event.
- Work with the LCEP team to create an agenda.
- Organise materials needed e.g. leaflets, posters etc.
- Support on the day of the event.
Budget and Deadline
- We have allocated around £30,000 for the whole of this event.
- We aim for the event to take place in May/June 2024.
How to Apply
Please submit an expression of interest – maximum two A4 pages. This should include:
- Up to one page covering how you would deliver the project. Including a draft budget, this would be an estimate of event costings and including your fees.
- Up to one page covering previous experience and why your organisation should deliver this project.
- Please submit expressions of interest by Thursday 25th January by emailing the LCEP manager email@example.com.
Please see this FAQ document for further information – LCEP Event Planner FAQ