Data For Everyone: Using Data to Promote Equality
Statistical information matters to everyone. It can provide a snapshot of our society, highlighting how people live, informing decisions that affect us all and is vital for promoting equality. Join London Plus, Race on the Agenda (ROTA), Human Equality and Rights network (HEAR) and guest speakers from the Office of National Statistics for our Data for Everyone workshop.
Date: 27th February 2020
Time: 10am – 1.15pm (networking lunch until 2pm) Registration: from 9.30 am
Location: East London Mosque, 82-92 Whitechapel Rd, E1 1JQ
The Data for Everyone workshop will cover:
- Discover ways in which statistical information can benefit communities and civil society
- Hear examples of how community organisations have used data to create positive change
- Share your thoughts on the types of statistical information and analysis that might be helpful in the
- Hear about engagement and outreach ahead of the next census
- Shape the discussion around access to good quality equality data and resources
- Have the opportunity to network with infrastructure organisations who use data to support London
How do I book a spot?
This event is for community groups based in Hackney, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
Email email@example.com to reserve your place. Please include details of any additional access, communication or dietary requirements.
Spaces at this event are limited and by invitation only. Please contact on the above email address if you can no longer attend the event. A waiting list will be kept for interested parties not in receipt of an invite.
Directions to the venue
There is no visitor parking at the Mosque and travelling by car is not advised. The mosque is a short walk from either Aldgate East or Whitechapel underground stations. Bus services stop close by on Whitechapel Road (A11): 25, 205, 254, or a short distance away on Commercial Road (A13): 15, 115, 135; and New Road (A13): D3.