Covid-19 resources for London’s charity sector3 Aug 2020
London Plus will be updating this page with resources and guides, for civil society organisations in London during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. From tips about working from home to guidance on governance please check back regularly for updates or sign up to our newsletter by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
Please head to our other Covid-19 resource pages for:
- Data resources (vulnerable groups, demographic, social inequalities)
- Resources and data about the impact of Covid-19 on the provision of free school meals.
- London Covid-19 Response: Funders, Community and Voluntary Sector (Bulletins)
Free resources/General guidance for civil society
- Covid-19 and its impact on young adults: This covers the impact of the pandemic for finance, future careers and mental well-being for young people, and provides advice for their long-term challenges.
- Sustain blog: 11 resources for developing thriving local food movements
- Future Learn are offering Free Covid-19: Psychological First Aid which is delivered as 1 hour weekly study sessions over three weeks. This course is aimed at frontline or essential workers and volunteers dealing with the public during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- As of 1 August, anyone 75 and over who is not in receipt of Pension Credit will cease to receive their TV licence. There are between 150,000 and 200,000 Londoners of state pension age eligible for Pension Credit who are not claiming it. This letter from the Mayor, Age UK London and Positive Ageing in London aims to encourage older Londoners entitled to claim Pension Credit and in time for them to continue to receive their free TV licence. It sets out how they can claim it.
- Track and Trace is a tool from time to spare enabling charities to track who have visited their space. It’s GDPR compliant, paperless and free for charities.
- New government guidance for a wide range of work and social settings is being introduced and updated daily.
- Kingston council have created a really useful general advice guide around working from home, children at home and advice from the NHS (it’s not borough specific).
- The GLA have a Covid-19 civil society support page.
- NCVO guidance around volunteering, contingency planning and other sector information and news. Non members can access this. In their latest newsletters they have listed all of the resources and guidance and a list of trusted suppliers who are also offering guidance.
- Coronavirus responders (including non-profits) can apply for free unlimited HIPAA accounts on Jotform. They have also posted a list of form templates people are using during Covid-19.
- Canva have poster and social media templates specific to Covid-19 awareness.
- HR services guidance on Covid-19 and employment.
- CharityComms resources and guidance for organisations navigating the pandemic.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport government report which measures the impact of Covid-19 on the charitable sector.
- What Works Centre for Wellbeing guidance, useful if you:
1) work for a small or medium-sized charity or social enterprise and want to understand if and how your activities affect the wellbeing of the people you support
2) are responsible for reporting, evaluation or impact
3) have not measured wellbeing very much or at all yet and need some more information and guidance on how to get started.
- NSPCC Learnings most recent newsletter is full resources to support children during Covid-19.
- Youth Work Support is a website created for youth workers, young people and organisations for support during Covid-19.
- London Plus have collated a list of resources around Covid-19 and the provision of Free School Meals.
- Sustain alliance have complied resources, blogs and guides about securing food for vulnerable people, supporting the local response and defending our food supply.
- Volunteering Matters resources and guides – How to volunteer safely in response to Covid-19.
- Youtube video on how to keep safe whilst volunteering during Covid-19.
- Ann Craft Trust explains the DBS changes.
Do you have any more top tips? Please get in touch and we will post it on this page.