London’s Lifelines Campaign
London’s Lifelines is a new campaign celebrating & showcasing the stories of everyday people in London, who give their time to help others. We want to hear from and about London’s volunteers, good neighbours and kind strangers who save and enrich lives in London in countless ways.
We are a group of London-based organisations, charities and networks who’ve come together to form the London Volunteering Strategy Group (LVSG). With this campaign we want to:
- Show the scale and scope of volunteering in London
- Shine a light on Londoners everywhere who give their time to others
- Demonstrate how volunteers power London’s vital services and communities
Play the London’s Lifelines video to find out more:
How can I get involved with the campaign?
We’ll be launching our campaign video, on 5th December for International Volunteers Day, and we want as many organisations and people to get involved as possible! Here’s how:
- Submit a photo, vlog or story via the London’s Lifelines website. We have also produced ‘how to’ videos to show people how to film a vlog or take the perfect video.
- Join the volunteer press team. Individuals can join our team and work with our videographer to design and produce the main film for our campaign
- Attend a pop-up. During October we’ll have pop-up film booths at several locations around London, gathering people’s stories about volunteering. Keep an eye on the website or the social media accounts below to find out more about these.
- Share volunteering stories via our social media platforms:
Throughout the campaign, we will be posting content across our platforms using the Hashtags #LDNSLifelines and #LondonsLifelines
With your help, London’s Lifelines can share and celebrate the stories of everyday people giving their time to help others!