Join us as the London Plus Chair
London Plus supports and champions charities and community groups in London. We do this by using networks, data, communications, and connections across the capital. Set up in its current form in 2019, London Plus found its feet and demonstrated its purpose and value in the pandemic. We aim to build on this work to support the breadth of charities and community groups across London.
Therefore, we are looking for a Chair to support London Plus as we develop and implement a new strategy. This strategy will draw on our experiences and lessons from the pandemic. It includes our aim to become more effective at developing, as well as supporting networks. It will also refine the existing narrative and story for the charity. Importantly, it will also highlight our plan to develop our funding model further to ensure long-term sustainability.
In addition, we are looking for someone who lives in, or close to London and is familiar with relevant organisations; statutory, independent, and voluntary.
Key responsibilities of the Chair
The Chair will support London Plus by:
- Providing leadership to the Board and ensuring that Trustees fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the charity.
- Building relationships and working with our stakeholders and funders.
- Supporting and, where appropriate, challenging the Chief Executive.
- Ensuring that the Board as a whole works in positive partnership with the staff.
- Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries, and future beneficiaries at all times.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Experience in operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
- Passion and commitment to the charity, as well as its strategic objectives.
- Ability to build good relationships including in an ambassadorial role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector, as well as the current issues affecting it.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate trustees and staff.
- Financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit the Thewlis Graham website and follow the instructions in the candidate brief.
Additionally, if you would like a confidential conversation with Sarah Thewlis, or to clarify any other information, please email email@example.com.
The closing date is 4pm on 16 June 2022.
Finally, we would like to thank you all for your continued support. You can help us by sharing the Chair recruitment listing with your networks to reach more potential candidates. Additionally, feel free to share this vacancy by clicking on the icons at the top of this post.