Join the London Plus team: Social Prescribing Network Coordinator
London Plus is delighted to be leading a new London wide network to grow and strengthen social prescribing to help deliver the Mayor’s Health Inequalities Strategy. The network is supported by the Mayor of London reflecting the crucial role that the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector plays in improving health and wellbeing. We are currently looking for a Social Prescribing Network Co-ordinator to lead on this work.
London Plus Social Prescribing Network Coordinator
As the Social Prescribing Network Co-ordinator, you will lead on promoting, supporting and developing social prescribing in the VCSE sector across London.
In this exciting role, you will develop and support the social prescribing network to:
- Promote social prescribing and its role in improving people’s health and wellbeing;
- Highlight, support and develop best practice that informs policy;
- Improve understanding and engagement between social prescribing practitioners, health professionals, commissioners and funders;
- Represent the voice of service users, patients and carers.
Some of your duties will include:
- Organising quarterly network meetings to share knowledge and ideas
- Building and supporting partnership working between the VCSE sector and other sectors with a role in social prescribing
- Developing a framework to evaluate the impact of the network
- Providing updates, information and resources to create a social prescribing hub on our website
If you have a background in the VCSE sector and knowledge of social prescribing, this is an amazing opportunity to join a charity that is helping to create a city where all Londoners can thrive.
In this newly created role, you will have the chance to help develop and lead something special for London. You’ll be joining our small and agile team, working on vital issues to help disadvantaged people and communities across the city.
- Salary of £34,000 pro rata
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata
- Flexible working
- Pension (5% employer contribution)
- Part-time role (days are negotiable)
Find out more
Here at London Plus, we promote equality, champion diversity, think big, actively collaborate and act with integrity. If you share our values and want to bring about positive, lasting change to the people of London, we’d love to hear from you.
Please download the job pack containing the full job description, role specification and how to apply.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Martin Brookes, chief executive)
The closing date for applications is the 16th June 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by the 23rd June 2020.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.