Apply for our supporting volunteering small grant: one week to go
Team London has partnered with London Plus to offer small grants to help pay for your extra volunteering expenses at a local level across the capital. Volunteers make an immense contribution to individuals and communities in London every year, and their importance has been especially highlighted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Last year we teamed up to create this fund to reward and recognise volunteers during Volunteers’ Week. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we understand that many organisations will not be able to celebrate and recognise their volunteers in their usual way during Volunteers’ Week 2020; although many have increased their volunteer recruitment to help deliver services.
Therefore this year’s small grants of £500 – £1,000 will provide organisations additional financial support to help cover volunteer expenses and extra volunteer related costs.
Please note, we expect to have a high volume of applications. If this is the case, we may not be able to support all applications and each case will be considered separately.
Purpose of these grants
To provide some extra financial support for organisations who are managing extra volunteers at this time. To help cover costs for any or all of the below:
- Extra costs in recruiting volunteers for urgent service delivery;
- Extra costs in training or inducting new volunteers;
- Extra volunteer expenses for new volunteers or increased activity from current volunteers.
Who is this for?
We are looking for applications from 2nd tier organisations that have a wide reach to civil society organisations and volunteers in their local communities such as:
- Local networks and community groups
- Volunteer Centres, CVS’s and other local infrastructure organisations
- Multi-purpose community organisations
- Volunteer and community hubs
- Mutual Aid Groups (Please note that if you are a recently created mutual aid group and not previously funded, you will need to partner with another group in your borough that has been funded in the past 18 months).
We are open to partnership working when applying for this grant.
What would we like to hear about:
We want to hear what you are already delivering in your area in response to COVID-19. We also want to hear how you are recruiting new volunteers or re-deploying existing volunteers.
Timeline and application form
Please see the timeline below:
|Application deadline||Friday 22nd May 2020|
|Shortlisting||WC 25th May 2020|
|Grants awarded||WC 1st June 2020|